Well, after two months of reading, writing, and editing (and editing some more) my paper is finally done! Woohoo! Just in time to turn it in when I sit for my qualifying exam tomorrow.
(If anyone is dying to read it, I’m happy to post it on my website. But honestly, it’s probably one of the most mindnumbing things you’ll ever read in your life. Yes, it’s even more mindnumbing than this blog.)
So on this, the day before I attempt to regurgitate the information I’ve learned over the past two years into an all-day exam, I have a few thoughts:
- It was a fantastic idea to take this week off. Mentally, I think I needed to switch my brain from work mode to school mode, and the opportunity to focus on one thing (not to mention the extra hours of sleep) helped tremendously.
- Starbucks is a crappy place to study. But that’s where I park myself anyway. As a result, my Starbucks budget for the week has already been depleted. And it’s only Wednesday.
- If things don’t work out, I’m planning a new career as a writer. Or a bum. Either one.
- I’ve become significantly more spiritual these past two months. Take that as you will. 🙂
- Even on the day before the exam, I’m still procrastinating from studying. Hence the blog entry.