The Monday after the Daylight Savings Time switch is always rough. My brain is running about an hour behind.
That said, a hail of bullets:
- Guns at Starbucks? Probably not going to compel the barista to make your double tall skim latte any faster.
- HBO’s The Pacific is compelling and engrossing. Yay new Sunday night addiction! Also, yes: I love war movies and TV shows. I’m a manly man after all.
- Glenn Beck telling people to leave churches that preach “social justice.” Um. Wasn’t Jesus all about social justice? Dude spent more time tending to the poor, sick, and needy than hanging out with the religious elite. I’m going to laugh my ass off if the antichrist turns out to be a product of the religious right. If that’s not irony, I don’t know what is.
- I saw Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland last week. Liked it, but thought the characters—no matter how grotesquely fantastic—were nothing more than cardboard cutouts. Just because it’s a Disney flick doesn’t mean it has to be void of an emotionally mature back story (see Up, Finding Nemo, heck even Toy Story 2).
- DMG had a great show on Friday. Key elements: Wolverine, having illiterate members in a book club, and gay marriage (topical!). We have more shows in April at the Comedy Spot in Ballston. Stay tuned for more info!
- Finally, I am now officially credit card debt-free. Thank you, First Time Homebuyer’s Tax Credit! Now to start saving for: (1) a new bed, (2) potentially a new car, and (3) as a down payment to a town home when I move again in 2015 or 2020.